You don’t have to be a formally constituted group to apply, so this may be the investment for you if you are a new and informal group of people wanting to do your first project together, or if you are an individual wanting to make a difference in your community.
To be eligible for a micro grant:
- Your project must meet one of our anti-poverty and inequality priorities.
- Your project must benefit people in Trafford.
- You can be an individual.
- You can be an informal group.
- A group can only receive a maximum of 2 micro/small grants per year.
The questions we ask of our micro grant applicants are:
- A brief summary of your project - what will be happening?
- Why do you want to do this work?
- Which of our themes does your work relate to?
- How many people will your work help and where do they come from?
- How will you show us what you have achieved with your funding?
- Where will your work happen?
- Cost table.
When you select “Application Complete” on our online form, you will receive a confirmation email that you have submitted your application and we have received it.
Once submitted, you will hear from us within 4 weeks with a decision regarding your application.
Applications submitted in December may find this is longer due to the Christmas break.
If successful, we will invite you to complete a Grant Agreement online. To complete this you will need to upload/send to us:
- Constitution/governing document (if applicable)
- Policies needed to cover your activity.
- Liability Insurance (if you are working with members of the public)
- Risk Assessment
- Health and Safety Policy
- Safeguarding Policy (for work with children/vulnerable adults)
- Other (where relevant)
- Proof of address (e.g. utility bill, bank statement) for payments to an individual, as we can only pay individuals via Cheque.
Once you have submitted your Grant Agreement online, we aim to send your payment within 3 weeks of this date. This allows us time to check your supporting documents and verify your bank details. Should we need to clarify anything you have sent us, we will get in touch and this may delay your payment.
Monitoring and Evaluation
When your project is due to end, we will ask you to complete a Monitoring and Evaluation form showing what you have achieved. We will write to you within the month your project is due to end to remind you to complete this.
As part of the Evaluation, we require evidence. This is:
- Visual – 3 photos/videos of your project
- Evidence of spend – receipts, bank statement, payslips
- Quotes from the people your work helped